Upcoming Events & News:
Evan McCulloch - March 24th 4PM
How the Big Firms Make their Investment Decisions
Golden Gate Univ. Room 3214
TSAA-SF Members - $10
Non-members - $20
Normally, our speakers come and give presentations on their technical analysis of various stocks, sectors & markets and then share their methodology with us. Evan’s talk will be much different than the norm, but I believe it will be highly beneficial for all who attend. So, please don’t miss this opportunity to come listen to Evan talk about his job as Director of Research, Portfolio Manager and Analyst at this prestigious local investment firm.
Some of the strategies of his fund are;
- Taking a bottom-up approach to individual stock selection.
- Looking for companies that possess products with favorable competitive profiles, large market opportunities and strong intellectual property.
- Favoring companies with excellent management, strong financial characteristics and attractive valuations.
- Their San Francisco Bay Area location is shared by many leading biotechnology companies, enabling us to easily attend scientific meetings and symposia, and to consult with community and academic physicians.
Evan will start his talk by answering some pre-selected questions and will then field questions from the audience. His talk will begin at 4 pm and will last until at least 5 pm and will possibly go until 6 pm.
||Evan McCulloch is Senior Vice President, Director of Equity Research for Franklin Equity Group. Mr. McCulloch is also the lead portfolio manager of Franklin Biotechnology Discovery Fund. Mr. McCulloch specializes in research analysis of biotechnology and emerging pharmaceutical companies, with a therapeutic focus on infectious diseases, ophthalmology, pulmonology, cardiovascular disease, gastroenterology and the central nervous system. Prior research coverage includes the pharmaceutical, medical technology and healthcare service sectors.
Mr. McCulloch joined Franklin Templeton Investments in 1992. He holds a B.A. in economics from the University of California at Berkeley, is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder, and a member of the CFA Institute and the Security Analysts of San Francisco (SASF).
TSAA Library for Members
Join the TSAA-SF today and begin receiving member-only benefits right away!!! You can also use the link below to subscribe to our mailing list for free!
TSAASF Study Guide & Exam
Milan Conference, Oct. 13-15, 2017
Excelsior Hotel Gallia
Piazza Duca D’Aosta 9
Milan 20124 ITALY
Phone: +3 02 6785 1
Latest IFTA Newsletter:
2017 TSAA Spring Review
Available on the Newsletters page
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- LETTER FROM THE CHAIRMAN — By Hank Pruden
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT — By Shawn Hallum
- Featured Article: MARATHONS AND MARKETS — By Sinan Koray
- Featured Article: BEAR RAIDS— By Henry O. "Hank" Pruden, PhD
- Featured Article: ACTION TEST — By Bruce Fraser